Intuition is real. It is also natural for human beings, not weird or extraordinary.
Someday the research being done on this may help the Western mind reclaim comfort with this intelligence. Perhaps we will maximize the benefits of this way of knowing responsibly. (The Institute for Noetic Sciences is a great portal for this information.) Right now I would like to see those who claim to be intuitives take a bit more responsibility for how, when, where and why they share what they feel is psychic, intuitive or empathic information. I am often aghast and sometimes annoyed when I hear stories of "psychic hit-and-runs". I have sat with clients who have been traumatized by this. At times it has increased their confusion and disconnected them from their own knowing. I've seen others develop a pattern of seeking external psychic input in a way that actually disempowers them and helps them avoid responsibility for exploring their own inner world.
Here are my suggestions for Psychic Etiquette:
1. Please get it into your head the there is a difference between information and Wisdom. Just because you feel you are picking up accurate information does NOT mean it is wise to share it.
2. Beware of The Helping Hand Strikes Again phenomenon. Share your perceived information only when it is truly being asked for. (Even Jesus Christ only brought healing to those who asked.) Take a good look at the issue of respecting personal, emotional and energetic boundaries. Learn about co-dependency patterns. Learn to stay in your own bio-field and stay out of people's heads unless specifically invited.
3. Learn the difference between true intuition and your own personal issues and anxieties that may be projected onto another. Put as much or more effort and time into your own development as you spend tracking others.
4. Explore your desire / motivations / need to be known as psychically gifted.
5. If you feel you are picking up information regarding another, realize that all sorts of information is floating around out there. That does not mean it has your name on it. Also realize that an invisible response IS a response. You can quietly hold another in light and love, bless them or pray for them without them ever knowing about it.
6. Consider this: Leading others to connect to their own inner wisdom and knowing may be more respectful than taking the posture that you have information that they don't. Everyone has a connection to his or her own "Higher Power". Their timetable for "knowing" my not be the same as yours. "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, teach a man to fish and he eats for a lifetime."
7. Have you considered that someone may not WANT to know what you think you know?
8. Realize that the great Wisdom traditions consider psychic phenomenon merely natural side-effects of expanding consciousness and not the main purpose of spiritual practices. They warn against being overly fascinated or attached to them.
If you are a regular seeker of the guidance of "psychics":
From time to time getting a reading from a healthy, responsible intuitive can be very helpful. The following thoughts come to mind:
1. Seeing a responsible medium once to connect to a deceased loved one may at times be very helpful for closure if you are suffering from a complicated bereavement. It should not be something that is sought again and again. Healthy grief lets go and returns to the land of the living after a while.
2. Getting occasional input from a psychic is healthy only if it leads YOU to take full responsibility for the life you are living, the choices you are making. Input from an occasional intuitive reading should be only part of a healthy discernment practice. Feel free to consult your left brain as well and get the input of trusted confidantes and common sense.
3. Fiddling with the psychic realm for entertainment is not at all wise.
What has your experience been? When has getting an intuitive reading been helpful for you? Have you ever felt the victim of a "psychic hit-and-run?"
Please remember to "Like", Pin, Share & Comment. It helps!